We are happy to provide Contests (also known as draws or give-aways) to our readers from time to time. The specific rules about eligibility and Contest duration for each Contest are provided with each entry form. These rules apply to all Contests.
- All Contests are administered by Inspiring Media. Inc. publishers of Canadian Woodworking & Home Improvement Magazine (the Sponsor).
- Prizes are donated by various manufacturers (the Supplier).
- All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters as they relate to the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to change any of the terms of the Contest or to terminate the Contest at its discretion.
- Contests are open to persons who have attained Age of Majority where they live.
- Employees of the Sponsor and Supplier, along with their partners and affiliates, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and members of their immediate families are not eligible. No purchase is necessary.
- The Contest are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Prizes must be accepted as provided.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- No substitutions will be permitted.
- There is no cash value in lieu of Prizes.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Prizes will be shipped by mail or courier or in some instances made available for pick-up at the nearest Supplier dealer.
- The Supplier dealer address will be provided by the Supplier. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Prize Draw Periods
- As noted in specific Contest listing.
Chances of Winning
- Your chances of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- To enter the Contest, use an official Entry Form on our site, enter your name, email address and any required details – then click on ENTER.
- You may enter each Contest one time only. Subsequent entries by the same person will be excluded. In the event of multiple entries by the same person, only the first entry will be considered eligible to win.
- Entries obtained through fraudulent means or through an abuse of the Contest entry process may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified.
- Winners are required to agree to the use, by the Sponsor, of their name (first name and last name initial only – e.g. Larry G.) and location (city and province) in the announcement.
- The use of any likeness, images submitted and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium will be without compensation to the extent permitted by law.
- In entering the Contest you subject yourself to, and agree to be bound by, the Contest rules, all other guidelines, terms and conditions stated elsewhere on this site and all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations, including but not limited to all the laws respecting intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights, rights of privacy, and defamation.
- A random draw will be held by the Sponsor to determine the Contest winner.
- The Sponsor will notify the prospective winner by email within 3 business days of the draw date.
- Winners must respond to the Sponsor’s email within 3 business days; otherwise the winner will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor will select another prize winner.
- In order to win, the prospective winners must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question.
- Winners will be required to sign a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the draw rules, agreeing to accept the prize as awarded, and releasing the Sponsors and Supplier from all liability.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for prize condition or quality.
- The Sponsor hereby specifically excludes any and all warranties or conditions, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, or fitness for a particular purpose, and those arising by statute or otherwise in law.
- The winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, directors, officers, and employees from and against any liabilities arising from or regarding taxes owed on prizes.
- By entering the Contest you grant the Sponsor and its affiliates the right to use, publish or disseminate your submission in print and/or on our website, online publications, email newsletters, or in any other manner we desire. You also waive any claims of ownership or copyright protection for any information you submit.
- Any information provided will not be used for any purpose other than the administration of this Contest.
- By choosing to opt in to this Contest you agree to receive promotional messages from the Supplier and Sponsor at the email address that you provide.
- You may unsubscribe from such messages at any time.
In Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
For questions concerning any Contest, please contact the Sponsor by email or mail:
P.O. Box 808
Niagara on the Lake, ON L0S 1J0
Revised April 27, 2021